Like other skills and milestones, at the age in which children learn languages and start talking, they may vary. Many children say “Mama” and “Dada” before their first birthday, and most children can say about 20 words until 18 months. But what if the 2-year-old child is not talking yet or keeps only two words together then the child needs speech therapy to say words clearly.
Knowing what is “normal” and what is not in the development of speech and language, can help parents to find out whether there is a reason to worry or not.
We provide the best foreign speech therapies to the children of age group 2 to 17 years old.
Best Speech Therapy For Children
After the initial diagnosis of delay in speech, specific speech therapy techniques will be determined for each child. There are many therapies available for children that have been diagnosed with a speech delay, and for each child, the speech therapy needed differs with the degree, severity, and cause of the delay.
WE PROVIDE FOLLOWING SPEECH THERAPY TO THE CHILDREN’S
- BALANCE BOARD THERAPY
- BRAIN GYM THERAPY
- REFLEX INTEGRATION THERAPY
- AUDIO VISUAL THERAPY
- TACTILE THERAPY
- NEURO THERAPY
- ORA-FACIAL THERAPY
- ART THERAPY
- ARCHETYPE THERAPY
- LOGO THERAPY
- LOOP THERAPY
- LISTENING THERAPY (AIT)
- PRISM THERAPY
- RUNNING PROGRAM THERAPY
- CYCLING PROGRAM THERAPY
- HANDLE THERAPY
- MUSIC THERAPY
- RESPIRATORY PATTERNING THERAPY
- READING, MATHS AND ENCYCLOPEDIA PROGRAM
- NUTRITION, SUPPLEMENTS & DIET
We have the best-trained speech therapist to provide all these therapies.
Signs And Symptoms
A child who does not respond to sound or who is not vocalizing should be seen by a doctor immediately. But often, it is difficult for parents to know whether their child is taking some time to reach the milestone of speech or language, or if there is a problem that requires attention and speech therapy.
- by 12 months: is not using gestures, like pointing or waving bye-bye
- Prefer gestures over vocals to communicate.
- by 18 months: has trouble in copying sounds
- has Difficulty to understand simple verbal requests is a common sign of speech delay
- by 2 years: can only imitate speech or actions but doesn’t produce words or phrases spontaneously.
- Up to 2 years: only to say a few sounds or words repeatedly and cannot use oral language to communicate more with their urgent needs.
- by 2 years: cannot follow simple directions
- Up to 2 years: There is an unusual sound of voice & it is difficult to understand them expected for his age:
- Parents and regular caregivers should understand half-child speech in about 2 years and about three quarters in 3 years.
- By the age of 4, a child should be mostly understood, even by those people who do not know the child.
If your child shows any of these sign in childhood, then contact us for best speech therapy.
Causes Of Speech Delay
Many times, delays and loss of speech are due to a physical disruption in the mouth, such as deformed frenulum, lips or palate. If the speed or ability to make words and appropriate sounds is impaired, then the child may be slow to pick up words and the ability to shape their mouth and tongue in the formation of words can be lacking.
There are other more serious concerns, which can be caused due to the neurological organization of the brain. Neurological disorganization mainly means a lack of communication between the left and right hemisphere of the brain. A speech therapist helps to make communication between both hemispheres.
Speech problems in children may have the following symptoms:
- Speech mechanism in which the speech is associated with hearing loss, motor speech.
- Psychosocial issues in which the impairment is associated with a caregiver, environment of the school, and the child’s own behaviors such as aggression and maturity
- Several other reasons for the delay in speech include biological children’s phonological disorder autism spectrum disorder, childhood apraxia, prematurity, auditory processing disorder, cognitive impairment, and hearing loss.
Effects Of Speech Delay
Studies show that speech problems in children are more likely to be present with behavioral and social-emotional problems both in childhood and as adults. So they need speech therapy and many of our other techniques to overcome these problems.
A deficit in reading and learning skills are common side effects for children, which are delayed in speech.
Similar studies suggest that children with speech delays are likely to have difficulty in bonding with peers, and difficulty in communicating which could have negative effects on their psychosocial health later in life.
Why Choose IIAHP For Speech Therapy
Best Speech therapy results in the whole country and all speech delay children are improving with our therapies. Many international Techniques under one roof is provided by IIAHP. Foreign therapists visit IIAHP twice a year for teaching new techniques of Speech therapy to Staff.
IIAHP Senior Staff takes training in foreign countries to keep the team up to date about the latest techniques and for the best results with Speech therapy. Fully air-conditioned center and the full area is covered under CCTV surveillance, all parents are allowed to check footage for their convenience if they have any doubts in their mind. We also provide homeopathy.
Our therapy center takes new children all year. We also provide the leading intellectual program that includes an encyclopedia, Reading and Maths, etc. for all-round development of a child.
Home programs of Speech therapy are also available for distant/foreign parents. We give the best guidance for, supplements, nutrition, and diet.